Butler County REC currently has two security light options for co-op members: High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and a light emitting diode (LED) lights.
HPS Light (one-month warranty)
- Cost, including installation: $90.00 + $6.30 tax = $96.30
- The light output from the HPS has an orange appearance
- The annual operation cost of this light is approximately $62.00
Cree RUL LED Light (10-year warranty)
- Cost, including installation: $145.00 + $10.15 tax = $155.15
- Qualifies for a $30.00 rebate from Butler County REC
- Light output is a whiter light, with a higher Color Rendering Index (CRI)
- The annual operation cost for this light is approximately $24
We will continue to maintain bulbs and photocells on the Mercury Vapor and the HPS security lights.
Lineman installing a security light
Contact our Operations Department at 319.267.2726 or 888.267.2726 for more information.